HOWARD MARC SPECTOR
Mr. Spector has practiced bankruptcy law since 1992, first with the law firm of Sheinfeld, Maley & Kay, PC, and then with Hughes & Luce, LLP, before establishing his own firm over a decade ago. He has served as counsel to large multinational clients, as well as to smaller firms and individuals, on both the debtor and creditor side of the table. Currently, his practice focuses on middle-market and small-business clients seeking advice on how to restructure liabilities in a challenging business environment. Mr. Spector also maintains an active consumer bankruptcy practice, advising individuals facing financial hardship, and assisting creditors in consumer cases as well. By not limiting his practice to one side of the debtor/creditor equation, Mr. Spector believes that his experience as both a debtor’s and creditor’s lawyer allow him to provide tailored advice to his clients, no matter where their interests lie.
Mr. Spector also serves as receiver for courts around the state of Texas, assisting in the rehabilitation, stabilization or orderly liquidation of business enterprises. In past years, he has served as a receiver for trucking concerns, energy companies, manufacturers, heavy equipment resellers, multi-family housing owners, as well as individuals under court supervision.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, 1992
- Cornell University, B.S. cum laude in Applied Economics, 1989
- Supreme Court of Texas
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All Federal District Courts in the State of Texas
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation (2010)
- Mr. Spector is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Bankruptcy restructuring, workouts, and litigation
- Commercial litigation